Saturday, June 21, 2008

Todd Bentley claims a 13th person has been raised from the dead and praised him

This video below is very revealing as it demonstrates who is being praised, and glorified at the Lakeland outpouring. I have put some comments below.



1) Throughout the video I hear mention of the revival, but not much mention of God. The focus appears to be more on the lakeland outpouring, than it does on God. It is interesting that we don't see anything like this in the book of Acts. The focus in revivals in Acts is always put onto Jesus, his crucifixion, repentance and the forgiveness of sins.

2) The person who is reported to have been raised from the dead (in an unverified email), started praising God AND Rev. Todd Bentley. It actually says he was praising Todd Bentley. The Bible tells us:

ESV Deuteronomy 5:7 "'You shall have no other gods before me.

Matthew 4:9 And he [the devil] said to him, "All these I will give you, if you will fall down and worship me." 10 Then Jesus said to him, "Be gone, Satan! For it is written, "'You shall worship the Lord your God and him only shall you serve.'"


So why did not Todd Bentley read that part of the letter in shock? Why did he not tell the people, "You must not praise me." This would have been a biblical response:

Revelation 19:10 Then I fell down at his feet to worship him, but he said to me, "You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God."


3) The letter says that Todd pulled him out of heaven. Not only is there no biblical warrant for saying this, but doesn't it seem to pit Todd against God? And doesn't it seem to portray Todd as more powerful that God?

Conclusion:

I watch this video and I cannot see Christ being glorified. I do not hear of the crucifixion, or repentance, or of forgiveness of sins. I hear God's name used merely as an auxiliary for talking about Lakeland and Todd Bentley.
This scares me as I think about God's words:
Isaiah 48:11 For my own sake, for my own sake, I do it, for how should my name be profaned? My glory I will not give to another.