Thursday, August 30, 2018

Training for Urban Ministry: UMP Lite and Webinars

You can now do parts of the Urban Ministry Program through online webinars with me. Here's what you need to know:

1) I've broken the UMP down into smaller chunks (called UMP Lite). This means you can just start off with a 4 week interactive online course (1 evening a week), and see if its for you or not. If you want to progress onto further modules, you can. If you want to call it a day, that's cool too.

2) I'm teaching the UMP online through webinars. This means, as long as you have a webcam, and internet, you can join me one evening a week for training (from anywhere in the world). Its an interactive course, so you can ask questions, and we can have some back and forth, as well as going through the UMP curriculum.

3) The first module I'm teaching in November is Exegesis part 1. We'll do this on Thursday nights 8-9:30pm. This is designed for everyone, from recent converts to mature believers. We'll cover exegesis vs eisogesis, and how to use the following tools: co-text, cross references, different translations, systematic theology, Biblical theology, community. We'll discuss principles, and examples, and then for homework you get to practice it. The cost is £5 per session plus materials, but if you can't afford that, I'll sort you out anyway. Sessions are 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd Nov - unless I get lots of feedback asking for different dates. Sessions are recorded, so if you miss one, you can catch up. There will be homework to do in the week too.

4) The second module is Exegesis part 2. We'll do this after Christmas. This will cover genre specific exegesis, such as how to interpret OT narrative, or NT epistles, or the Psalms etc.

5) The third module is How to Teach the Bible in the urban context. You can take this module without having done the previous parts. We'll do this in the Spring. This will include how to preach to the heart, and how to preach to a variety of different types of people and cultures at once.

If you're interested, contact me here
If you'd like me to do something a bit different for your particular context, then please let me know, and I'll see what I can do.


If you want to know more about the Urban Ministry Program, go here