Monday, October 29, 2007

My Monday hiding place

Monday is my day off.
It's a day to be with my family, but it's also a day in which I can spend time with God, talking about things that I may not have talked to him about in the week due to general busyness.
On Monday's I often expect God to show me something that I should pray about, or to show me something about himself that I have not considered before, or need to meditate over.
This morning I was thinking about God being my hiding place:

ESV Psalm 119:114 You are my hiding place and my shield; I hope in your word.

I love on Monday's being able to spend a larger chunk of time than usual hiding in God. There are so many worries in this life, and it is wonderful to be able to spend time seeking God, and trusting in Him to sort all of the worries out.

When I spend time doing this, I am then able to face any bad news that might come in the week:

Psalm 112:7 7 He is not afraid of bad news; his heart is firm, trusting in the LORD.