Monday, November 05, 2007

God helps us in our studying

When I read about Daniel in the Old Testament, I can't but help think that he was one serious boffin!
He seems to me to be the Einsten of his day.

What's more interesting though is that the Bible says that it was God who gave him (and his mates) learning and skill:

ESV Daniel 1:17 As for these four youths, God gave them learning and skill in all literature and wisdom, and Daniel had understanding in all visions and dreams.

I find this a big encouragement to me. I have many things to study all the time, and I often ask God to give me a greater ability to study. Amazingly God answers this prayer, and I can testify that over the last two years my ability to study has increased considerably.

Obviously the only right way to respond to this, is in praise to God:

Daniel 2:23 To you, O God of my fathers, I give thanks and praise, for you have given me wisdom and might, and have now made known to me what we asked of you, for you have made known to us the king's matter."