Wednesday, April 20, 2016

The Father Knows Best

Romans 8:28 has been one of my favourite Bible verses for years. Although it's been memorised in my head for years, I have to daily beat it into my heart too.
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Romans 8:28 NIV
In my brain, I know that whatever happens in my life, God uses even the bad things for my good. But in my heart, I get worried whenever something bad happens. I worry as if the situation is out of control, as if it's not really in the hands of my loving heavenly Father. This worry, and subsequent stress, are signs that I'm not believing this verse deep down in my heart.

So I've set my prayer app to regularly remind me to pray Romans 8:28, under the prayer category of 'Unbelief'. I pray through this verse, asking God to help me believe that he's in control of every detail that goes wrong, and that he'll use these things to make me more like Christ. Each time I pray this, I'm beating this biblical truth deep down further into my heart, and growing in faith in my heavenly Dad, who lovingly manages all the troubles in my life, in a way that is for my good and His glory.