Saturday, June 04, 2016

Prayers for the Grieving 4: God's Holy Decision

Who among the gods is like you, LORD? Who is like you--
majestic in holiness, awesome in glory, working wonders?
You stretch out your right hand, and the earth swallows your enemies.
In your unfailing love you will lead the people you have redeemed.
In your strength you will guide them to your holy dwelling.
(Exo 15:11-13 NIV BIBLE)
Lord, you are majestically holy and glorious.  This means that everything you do is holy and glorious and right. I do not understand why you have allowed recent things to happen, but I do trust that you made a holy decision that is right.
I pray now that I would sense your unfailing love. I feel a numbness brought on by lack of sleep and my body's natural reaction to emotional pain. I understand this is normal, but I really want to be able to feel your unfailing love, because I need it so badly. In your unfailing love, please lead me and strengthen me through the rest of today. Lead me through the pain, and into your presence. Enable me to pray to you, talk with you, cry to you, and worship you.
Give me a sense of your holiness and glory in this dark time.